January 7, 2010

Baby Pictures

I don't have much time today, so I thought I would indulge those of you who have asked to see cute cat pictures.  These were taken 5 years ago, when we were raising our first litter of kittens.I had met a woman at Loblaws one day while I was waiting at the checkout line, we got to talking and yadda, yadda, yadda... a few months later our vet called me with the happy news that our cat, "Shady" had given birth to 7 healthy kittens.

Since we didn't HAVE a cat named Shady (We have a Shadow, but he's definitely a male so unless by some miracle of science he got pregnant and made his way to the vet to give birth) I thought the vet must be mistaken... then when he told me who had dropped off the cat, it all clicked into place. 

So we brought the new family home, installed them in the spare bedroom and decided to raise the kittens until they were old enough to adopt out.  Yeah, RIGHT!!  At least that was the plan as I explained it to Gaby when I arrived home with 7 kittens and very ferocious mamma cat in tow.  Gaby had never had kittens before, however, so I was counting on him falling in love with a couple that we could keep...


How could anyone not love these faces??


Who knew that we would BOTH fall in love with all seven?
Well we did, and they are all still here, hogging the blankets on the bed and living happily ever after.   


2 comments:

  1. Our cat Minnie had kittens and it killed me to adopt them out, but they all went to one home (there were 4) where they lived happily ever after!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually started interviewing potential adoptive parents, but there was always something that held us back from entrusting our charges to anyone else... and they were (and still are) such a cohesive family unit, we just didn't have the heart to break them up.

    ReplyDelete